Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
I admit it, I have a sweet tooth! I am only human! BUT! When I scratch that itch, I want something that is not only delicious, but also as healthy as possible. These healthy cookie dough bites are super satisfying and delicious and will help keep you on the path to your health and wellness goals! How, you might ask?! These bites can be made totally plant-based, gluten free, and contain plant protein and both soluble and insoluble fiber from chickpeas, oats and almond butter! Ummmmmm, yes please!
1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond butter
½-2/3 c. pure maple syrup
3 tbsp dry oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or plant-based/vegan chocolate chips)
Additional chips for melting/dipping
1. Add all ingredients (except the chips you are using) to a good quality food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup chips at the end (do not process).
3. Chill in the refrigerator for 4+ hours, until firm enough to scoop and roll into balls. If needed, put them in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm even more.
4. Melt the extra chips and dip the cookie dough bites into the chocolate to cover. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Return to freezer to harden up the coating.
5. Remove from freezer for 5-10 minutes before eating.